Acid India Limited
Home / Products / Maize Starch
One of the most important cereal starches in the world is maize starch. And, in a lot of countries, it is considered one of the staple foods.
- Ice Cream Cones
- Salad dressings
- Fried foods
- Used as a thickener in sauces, puddings and gravies.
- Used to improve the texture and tenderness in cakes.
- It provides strength to ice cream cones.
A white, tasteless, odorless carbohydrate extracted from the kernels of corn or maize, maize starch powder is widely used as a stiffening agent and a thickener with many industrial applications.
- Corrugated boxes
- Leather processing
- The paper industry uses maize starch to increase paper strength as well as for sizing.
- In areas of dry granulation techniques, maize starch is widely accepted where the active ingredients are hygroscopic and is difficult to dry after the process of wet binding.
- Corn starch gets used as an adhesive in pigmented coating for paper board and paper. The main reason coating is done with corn starch is to enhance the appearance and printability of the paper.
- The textile industry uses maize starch to add weight to cloths as well as to provide stiffness.
- Starch can be oxidized with H2O2 in a controlled manner and oxidized starch can be utilized as a tanning/re-tanning agent in leather making.